Mise En Scene
Mise En Scene Retired
Mise En Scene was a hugely talented racehorse with an exceptional pedigree. A daughter of stallion sensation Siyouni out of a Galileo mare, she started off her career in the UK when trained in Newmarket by James Ferguson before moving across the Atlantic to join Brendan Walsh in America.
Mise En Scene made an impressive winning debut at Haydock in July 2021 before going to Goodwood on her next start to win the Prestige Stakes (Group 3). To finish off her two-year-old career she finished fourth in the Fillies Mile (Group 1) at Newmarket before running at the Breeders Cup at Del Mar in California.
Second appearance at the Breeders’ Cup
As a three-year-old, Mise En Scene competed in various races in the highest grade which resulted in a return to the Breeders’ Cup, this time at Keeneland in Kentucky. After running a magnificent race to finish 6th, she stayed in America and joined the Brendan Walsh stable.
Big win at Saratoga
Mise En Scene put a series of big efforts together resulting in a win at Saratoga in July 2023. Her final racecourse appearance was in the famous Beverly D. Stakes (Grade 1) at Colonial Downs where she finished 4th in August 2023.
Mise En Scene ran 13 times winning 3 races with a total career earning of nearly £200,00. Mise En Scene will become a broodmare standing at Hunter Valley Stud in Kentucky.
Mise En Scene At A Glance
- Trained in the UK by James Ferguson
- Debut win at Haydock as a 2-year-old in July 2021
- Won her next start at Goodwood in the Prestige Stakes (Group 3)
- Finished 4th in the Fillies’ Mile (Group 1) at Newmarket
- Ran in 2021 Breeders’ Cup at Del Mar
- Second in a Listed race at Yarmouth in September 2022
- Ran in 2022 Breeder’s Cup at Keeneland finishing 6th
- Joined Brendan Walsh in America in November 2022
- Won at Saratoga in July 2023
- Fourth in the Beverly D. Stakes (Group 1) at Colonial Downs
- Suffers career-ending injury in September 2023
- Nearly £200,000 in prize money